Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Simple Boost to Your Health & Wellness


When someone says Thank You it does something to you, come on admit it - you feel appreciated. However, I have found something even more special, much more uplifting. It's giving thanks. Perhaps I am taking it a bit too far but every now and again I look at the things that have worked in my favor and I say openly Thanks! Sometimes, I may post on my Facebook/Twitter that - I give thanks or It is good to give thanks. Guess what, it is so true. I'm thankful for a wonderful family. When I say thank you to my children, they take it and try to be even more consistent and thoughtful. In business, I'm thankful for my ability to serve others through health and wellness. In nature, I'm thankful for the sunshine. I give thanks for the rain, the trees, the ocean and I could go on and on.


I would like to challenge you to take a moment to give thanks. Perhaps you can begin today and write down the things that worked well each day and you will see how many good moments come your way. You do not have to be a religious person, you just have to be open and willing to appreciate the things that occur in your life. Here are a few suggestions:

* Your postal carrier
* Your baker and their staff
* Your waiter/waitress/hostess
* Your bus driver/taxi driver
* Your teacher/child's teacher
* Your Clergyman/woman
* Your health care practitioner (doctor, nurse, and all others who serve you)
* Your boss/office assistant/secretary

You get the idea, you give thanks and they receive the message. Your thanks may be the fuel that inspires them to be even better :-)

Is there someone you can think of who you can call or send a note to just say Thank You? If you can think of someone who may have helped you through a challenging period of your life, someone who cheered you up, someone who spoke an encouraging word to you, someone who listened to you share your concerns, someone who covered for you when you could not complete your shift, etc. Give them a call or send a card or note, it will not only brighten your mood but it will surely boost the spirit of the person who hears from you.


By the way, I want to say a very big THANK YOU!! to all of you who subscribe, share the blog with others, post your comments and also to those who just read it from time to time.




No comments:

Post a Comment