Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Are You Managing Your Health?



Have you ever had a conversation with someone who complains about the doctors orders?

"My doctor told me I have to avoid eating dairy and sweets, he must be out of his mind. There's no way I'm giving up chocolate."

"I have to stop drinking? Maybe, I will just have an occasional drink here and there."

"Well, I am going to die of something. I wont stop smoking now. My grandfather has been smoking since he was 13 years old, he's in his 70's and he is still smoking to this day."

I have heard it all and then some. Unfortunately, these are the patients who may continue to suffer from further health complications which could have been avoided or improved their health. Loss of eyesight/limbs, dialysis, lung cancer, etc. happens without respect to your family health history, especially if you insist on ignoring the health advice/suggestions given by your health care practitioner.

In many instances, diabetes can be managed/reversed. Following the instructions given to you by your doctor can really make a difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment