Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How About A Run? :-)

♪♪ And I know it's gonna be ♪♪a lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaay♪♪♪


Have you ever had a day where you are driving and all of the lights are in your favor - green light all the way? Well, this morning was one of those mornings for me. This week was set off to a challenging start and I was determined to face them head on. Each morning starts with meditation and prayer then I head off for a run. Running covers everything for me, although sometimes I run at a snails pace, I run. However, this week, I decided to pick up the pace and run for the hills.

Todays run was extra special. There were the smiles and greetings of the morning from people going for walks and the cheers of other runners as I made my way through the four mile trek. It seemed as though they were stationed at certain points of my route.

The hills were symbolic, they represent the challenges. I picked up the pace and ran up the very steep hills while releasing my concerns and doing my mantra. By the time my run ended, instead of feeling relieved, I felt energized. I picked up the kettle bell to asist with my squats, jumped rope and planked :-) All showered, dressed and getting to the tasks of the day.

So what good is a run without a healthy follow up??? I made a salad, had a glass of water and now I'm ready to enjoy the other perks of my day. It's already off to a great start.

♪♪ And I know it's gonna be ♪♪a lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaay♪♪♪


While I encourage you to go for a run, jog or walk - be sure to consult with your doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment