Friday, November 14, 2014

What's for Breakfast?

As a lover of food, I have to maintain a balance of that love by making healthy choices. The morning comes with the ritual of prayer, meditation, exercise and what's for breakfast. This morning, I was in the mood for a hearty breakfast. What do I consider hearty? Well, it is something like a Thanksgiving buffet for breakfast. The kind of breakfast that is served with eggs, cheese, pancakes, French toast, waffles, whole wheat bread, muffins, bacon, sausages, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, yogurt, fruits and juices.

In addition to the fiber in my oatmeal, I was able to get vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which is a good source of iron, complex carbohydrates and protein. Furthermore, studies have shown that oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure due to an increase in soluble fiber found in the oatmeal. To add to the taste of the oatmeal, I add fruits instead of sugar and might I add it's a delicious healthy choice.

And now for my mini version of a hearty healthy breakfast - the omelet/omelette. My omelette is usually a smorgasbord of spinach, basil, tomatoes, avocado, green peppers, onions, organic baby spring mix - sometimes cheese. Served with 12 grain whole wheat bread and a cup of tea. I am completely satisfied for hours on end.

Today's breakfast was the Kashi Go Lean Crunch with wildflower honey, almond and flaxseed. Needless to say, I feel like I've made a magnificent choice. Honey - flaxseed is recognized as one of the most powerful plant foods on this side of heaven. According to research, it has shown to help reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart diseases and strokes.

How about you? Do you eat breakfast? What do you eat for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment