Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Fitness, Summer Fun!!!

Spring is here and before you know it, summer will be exposing us. I am working my way to getting myself in the best shape that I've ever been. However, I am learning that I really need to consider where I am now as opposed to my former years.

Truth is your body changes with age and it does not respond as easily as it has when you were a teen, twenty or thirty something year old. Once you reach 40, you will notice the change. Your metabolism slows down by five percent every decade of life past age 40. An example that can put it in perspective is if your resting metabolic rate is, 1,200 calories per day at age 40, it will be 1,140 at age 50.


So we are here to figure out the solutions.

1. Consistency is key - keep working out and try to maintain not gain
2. Watch your diet - easier said than done,remember you're getting older and the metabolism is too :-(
3. Try new workout routines - change is good (hiking, biking, boxing,rock climbing, dancing, etc.)
4. Speak with your doctor first before making any changes no matter how simple they may seem.







Now, let's get it going so that we can have a fabulously fit body to take us through summer and beyond..............

No comments:

Post a Comment