Monday, January 7, 2013

When the Going Gets Tough - The Tough Gets Going!!

Another week of Cross Fit and what a week it was. Yesterday's work out has me in a state of shock yet wanting more. The warm up was like a full work out (for me). After we were finished with the warm up, I would have been happy to clap my hands and start high fiving my husband saying "Great Job!!!" but noooooooooo, it was just the beginning of what would be my most intense work out of the Cross Fit experience.

Flash back to the day before, Saturday's work out of the day was like a piece of apple pie compared to Sunday. It was not easy by any means, it was just not as intense for me.

After my week of Cross Fit, this is how I feel that I should look



Monday

**Back squat 3×8-12
**3 high box jumps x3 sets
Scaling: Every 2 minutes for 12 minutes: 3 back squats @ heaviest set of 10+, 20 double-unders
Beginner Scaling: Every 2 minutes for 10 minutes: 3 back squats @ heaviest set of 10+, 15 lateral jumps


Wednesday

**Bulgarian Split-squat 3×8-10/side – weaker side first; A2: Scapular wall-slides 3×8
Beginner scaling:
**Reverse lunge 3×8-10/side (no alternating) – weaker side first; A2: Scapular wall-slides 3×8
**5 sets: 30 seconds jump switch lunge, 30 seconds rest, 30 seconds, maximum strict pull-ups, 90 seconds rest


Saturday

**Push jerk 4×2 [Beginners instead perform: Push press 4x4]
**Lateral lunge with overhead reach 4×8 (alternating)

**For 12 minutes: On the odd minutes perform 3 push presses, on the even minutes perform 10 heavy kettlebell swings–the goal is use the heaviest weight possible without having failed reps.


SUNDAY!!! Lord knows I should have gone to church!!!

**Front squat 3×4-6
**Pullup 3×5 (add weight if needed)
**10-8-6-4-2 reps for time: front squat at 60-70% of today’s sets, burpee pullups.


No comments:

Post a Comment