Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reflections of 2012!

Whizzing by or what? That's time for you. As 2011, came to an end, I had some things I needed to complete and by all means, it was not coming along with me for my to do list in 2012. I made the decision to do it and my mission was accomplished :-)

2012 was a great year for me. It all began shortly after the stroke of midnight. There were some tough lessons that I had to learn, but I was open and ready. January was the major transition month, the enlightenment period. It was during that month that I learned that it was necessary to let go and let life have its way. It was not a smooth sailing process, far from it. I was on a mission to get back to enjoying my life on my terms.

And that's just what I did. I had so many plans for 2012 and as you know, 2012 was already planned for me.

Reflections......

It would begin with me as a board member of my undergraduate college and attending the first meeting of the year. Imagine that!


On February 14th, 2012, The Day That Changed My Life received it's copyright. How lovely a Valentine Gift is that from the United States Patent and Trademark Office?!! (I'm doing the "Can't Touch This" dance :-)

Marching along to celebrate my birthday, another year to add to my time here on earth and fulfilling my assignment. I go insane about celebrating a personal New Year for me, I celebrate my birth and welcome the time added to my life. It's really a wonderful gift!

In May, The Day That Changed My Life had it's own team that participated in the Revlon Run Walk in New York City. Our team walked as a survivor, in support and in memory of their loved ones who were diagnosed with cancer. This was another great accomplishment as we walked to bring awareness to Womens' Cancers.

By late spring early summer, I was in talks with the publisher for my upcoming book. The book that I have been working on for some time now. The great thing about this book is that its' time has come.
Summer trip to see the Yankees. My most favorite baseball team with my neighbor who is also a Yankee Fan. By the Fall of 2012, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and on December 24th, he transitioned on to the other side of life. Needless to say, my assignment to bring awareness and make a difference in the area of cancer never ends.
Received an invitation to MD Anderson Cancer Center's announcement of the Moon Shots Program. This was an exciting time for me, just hearing that they were aggressively working to end cancer.(You should be dancing with me on this announcement right here :-)

By Fall of 2012, I received some fantastic news. My audio book The Day That Changed My Life Cancer an uncertain journey (Parents Edition) was the best seller and most popular audio book of that genre (giving thanks!!!).

Even more great news, after some negotiations with the publisher, I signed the contract. The Day That Changed My Life Cancer an uncertain journey the book will be published/released in 2013.

The most important part of my life is my family. I love them more than anything in this whole wide world. The time I spend with them is priceless. This year, my youngest daughter moved on to campus and it was quite the transition for our tightly knit unit. In October, Sandy came through her campus and wouldn't you know it - selected her dorm room to make it's mark. While she was huddled in the lounge with the other students, a large tree branch pierced it's way through the roof, landing on her bed and allowing the rain to come through and destroy everything - from her laptop, paper work, clothes, etc. What it did not get was her. She was safe!


Another joyful moment was the trip to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, NY. It was the night before Christmas and we went to the pediatric ward to deliver gifts to the children who were spending Christmas in the hospital. Can I tell you, nothing beats spreading good will and cheer to others. The smiles on the faces of the children and their parents made it all worthwhile. In fact, we cannot wait to do it again.

2012 my meditation was finally consistent and I was able to see the great benefits of doing so. I did quite a bit of traveling as a speaker at conferences. By late Fall early Winter, my calendar for 2013 was being filled with meetings and speaking at events for 2013. There will be quite a bit of traveling and of course there are some things that I have planned to do since way back when which has remained on my must be done list in 2013. However, you know how it goes, I am open to the plans that were already made for me in advance. I know that I am here on an assignment. It will all get done :-)

December 31st, 2012
New Years Eve, my family and I have a tradition. We go to church to give our thanks and praise for the past year, with great expectations for the coming year. We sing, we dance and we have a fun time. This New Year's Eve was even more special as a family, we have so much to be thankful for!

2013, I welcome you! I am ready for all that is ahead. I accept the detours, the adjustments and the challenges. I will celebrate the accomplishments, the victories and the ability to enjoy my time here. Like the years gone by, I will never let a day go by without giving thanks!

Here's to a wonderful 2013 filled with joy, happiness, contentment, gratitude,
peace and love!
Reflections of 2011
Reflections of 2010
Reflections of 2009
Reflections of 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment