Monday, January 24, 2011

Living la vie des 40's


As a teenager, I could not wait to be 21. I just had to get there and life would be on. No thought of the years to come especially giving that 30 and beyond seemed so far away and old. I could not imagine what being 40 would be like as I found that being in my 30's was actually not such a big deal, it was surprisingly a lot of fun.

 Needless to say, 40 came and again I embraced the new decade with much pleasure.  I guess I'm just happy to be able to share my life with my loved ones. I've always enjoyed being a mother, watching my children grow. They make me smile, laugh, fill up with pride, cry tears of joy and at times seeing the choices they make I become disappointed and swoop down on them with the wrath of a Mother's Love
I also love being in love. It is an added bonus that makes life an enjoyable journey. I love traveling, it opens me up to new adventures, meeting new people, experiencing the culture and just having a good time. I love going to the museums, concerts, Broadway Shows, dining, weekend Get Aways, movies, singing, dancing, walking through the park, strolling around the city, relaxing on the beach and on and on.....

I love my assignment which is to serve others through health care. I developed a love for health care at a very young age. It gives me great joy to assist others and now my assignment has taken on a unique turn. It is evolving and I embrace it even when others question my judgment, it is what works for me and it does.

One of the things that I love is working out which I need to get back to because that's one thing that being in the 40's is not happening. I need to become consistent in the areas of meditation, yoga, jogging, eating healthy, leading the life I advise to others. Yes, I admit it all the time, I need to heed my own advice.

Looking back, I can tell you that life at any age should be embraced and enjoyed. I still feel like the same girl from way back when. Of course, I've matured somewhat with the experiences (good and bad) but I'm still a girl who wants to have fun and I do. Here's some advice which is really for your own good - take great care of yourself it will only serve to make your years even more wonderful.

Hear what these women over 40 have to say:
Life in the 40's 

No comments:

Post a Comment