Friday, December 28, 2012

Better Work! Fitness Focused


Another week of Cross Fit, this time we are now beginners!

T'was the morning after Christmas and we had a lot of family fun and delicious food. We signed up for a morning session and off we went heading to the city. Once again, I was excited. I had no idea what was in store and if I would be able to survive.

Interestingly, while I was in my elements session, there were other sessions going on and they were moving quickly from one thing to the next with the coach yelling out "Let's Go!!!" How surprised was I to find out that they were not the advanced classes but beginners. Naturally, I began to have some doubt, I questioned whether I should sign on to take the elements class over. Well, it was too late now. I signed up to do this and I will follow through.

This week I took the beginner sessions - pull ups, ring fall outs, over head squats, sit ups, push ups, wall walks (my husband did it with ease while I prayed that my sneakers would stop slipping and that my face would not be flattened by the fall), kettle bell swings, hang clean, front squats, tabata squats, jump rope. I did it all and I was not the last to finish nor was I racing to be the first to finish. It was difficult but I knew that I could do it. After last nights session, someone from our session asked me how did I like it, I said "I hate it but I will be back on Saturday."

No, I do not really hate Cross Fit, it challenges me and that is exactly what I need.
Are your pom poms still waving? I sure hope so :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment