Friday, January 2, 2015

Reflections of 2014!!!

Made it this far by FAITH!!!



January

It's hard to believe that it's over -- 2014 came in with a big bang as my King made his Big Five O a few days into the new year. The year was off to a terrific start.


April

30th High School Reunion - crazy, right???!!! I still can't get over it. What's even more insane is that my principal and some of the nuns are still there. It was great seeing them. It was also wonderful to see my classmates.
(all classmates not pictured here)


May

As usual, we participated in the annual Revlon Run Walk for Women's Cancers and our team increases each year. Classmates from my high school joined our team for the walk.
(full team not pictured here)


June

We welcomed a new member into the family this summer.
Seems like each year my family continues to expand. Here we are at the baby shower. A new year, a new grand-girl.




August

We have a few birthdays this month, we celebrated the matriarch of the family. My mother is now 92. My brother, my youngest daughter and my mother in-law also celebrated their birthdays in August. As life goes, my King's grandmother passed away at the age of 105.



October

Now if you recall, in Reflections 2013, I shared some exciting news and I am over the top happy to share the update.
On October 22, 2014 the documentary for The Day That Changed My Life was shown at the Showcase Cinema De Lux Theatre. This is where I emphasize that it is sooooo important for you believe in yourself, have faith and trust the process of your assignment. Nothing ever goes smoothly, challenges pop up at every turn. It is up to you to work through them and remain focused and that's just what we did.
On the night of the documentary we had a Nor'easter. Naturally, I went into a full on whining mode. God why would you do this? Why would you allow us to get to this point and then have a torrential downpour on this day? However, he showed us that the rain was there to prove that our message was important enough for people to actually brave the weather conditions and support us. We had people who came in from Pennsylvania, New Milford, CT as well as those from Westchester, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, New Jersey and Manhattan. Alumnae from my all girls high school Aquinas Class of 68, 83, 84, 88 and 2004 were also in attendance. It was a success, we had a wonderful reception which included a special treat for the audience - strawberry chocolate chip cookies from Pop & Bessies in honor of Pinktober. It was incredible hearing from people who had survived cancer, lost a loved one to cancer or currently being treated for cancer - all thanking us for sharing the documentary on the big screen.

By the way, October 22, 2010 was the final day of The Day That Changed My Life - Off Broadway play in New York. How incredible is that???

Well, we are also grateful that the Showcase Cinema De Lux theater believed in our project enough to open their theater to us. Initially when I thought of doing a documentary, it was with the intention of making DVD's and marketing to Netflix, Hulu, etc. Never did I think that it would make it to a theater - the thought never crossed my mind.
Lesson: Follow your Dreams - Believe; have FAITH!!!




In December we celebrated our love, it's like our personal Valentines Anniversary day. And if my life isn't interesting enough, I was contacted and interviewed on BBC World News International. Yes, 2014 was a mixture of all things.


So as I literally lay on my yoga mat in the middle of Times Square, I am facing the sky. I've always had a fascination with nature, specifically the sky. It hosts the planes, the birds, the stars, the moon, the sun, the clouds, etc., and I wonder what is really beyond the blue - there seems to be no end. Much like my year, caring for my elderly loved ones, checking in on changes with my own health, working on my assignment, completing two books, being reappointed to serve another term to serve others through healthcare (cancer), process of having another contract with a publisher for my book, the documentary moving on to even more venues....

It resonates with me as I realize that all I have to do is Let Go and Let God........

A stand in ovation to 2014, I give thanks to God for ALL that I have experienced. I am confident that 2015 will be AMAZING!!!
(I took this picture)
Reflections 2013
Reflections 2012
Reflections 2011
Reflections 2010
Reflections 2009
Reflections of 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment