Friday, December 21, 2012

What You See - Is What You Get!

And so it goes.......... The final week in CrossFit elements.

Here's what we covered:

Handstand Push-ups - Here's an impressive demonstration. Of course we did not do the parking lot handstand push-up or the dangling mid air on the bars. However, we learned how to do the handstand push-up on the wall as well as using the box. My husband can do the hand stand push-ups on the wall and on the box. I am happy to share that I was able to kick my feet up and hit the wall - almost there. On the other hand, I can do the handstand push-up on the box :-)


Ring Dips - picture me balancing myself on the rings and then dipping down and coming back to my original position. Yes, you cannot imagine that either :-)I did manage to hold myself up on the rings for about 5 seconds. Naturally, it will take some time for me to get the rest of the actual exercise together.


We did the Elizabeth - I used the bars as opposed to the rings and for the clean reps, I had the bar without added weights. Now for some good news, I was not the last one to finish (confetti time).


Watch out now....... then there's the Helen. Our cross fit training is located indoors, the running part was substituted by burpees (yuck!!!) You guessed it, I was the last one to finish, but I made it through the Helen. 21 of each, then 15 of each and 9 of each.



The morning after my body ached and I smiled :-) I asked for it and I got CrossFit. Elements completed - next up beginners. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment